Media Player Classic is a video and audio media player. You can watch your favorite clips, movies, etc. and you can listen to your favorite music too. You are free to use this application to play files from several devices such as DVD, CD Audio or even format files like MOV, SWF, RMVB, etc.. You just need the codecs required in each case, which you can download in a few seconds.
One of the most outstanding features of this software is that it comes as an executable file which doesn't need installation, so you can port it in a USB memory. It only takes up around 4MB on your disk. Its memory usage at launch runs only to 8 MB. It’s a great choice for any scenario where resource usage matters.
How to use
Media Player Classic is very simple, clear and user-friendly. Nevertheless, the program has abundant menus with a lot of advanced options for demanding users, like zoom in/out, support for subtitles and files with different audio streams. You will be able to perform several actions to customize your experience such as increase or decrease playback speed, change the size of the video or turn off the computer when the playback ends. Besides, you can watch and record television if you have TV Tuner installed in your computer.
It has abundant menus with a lot of advanced options for demanding users
This software supports a wide range of formats, like MP3, AVI, MPEG, MP4, WAV, DVD, VCS, OGG, WMA, SWF and many others. Though, you may need to install some codecs in order to play some files correctly. One of the most complete packs is K-Lite, which includes over 40 video and audio codecs like Xvid, DivX and Matroska for movies or OGG, FLAC and AAC for audio files. This pack works perfectly fine with this media player.
Media Player Classic 18.104.22.168 Features
Here you can see some of the features of this program:
- It plays codec packs like K-Lite and Combined Community
- Wide range of formats supported
- DirectShow architecture. This enables the potentiation of the player speed or process, because the DirectShow’s filters
- Support to Matroska and Ogg containers. These standards try to work as universal format to store media content
- TV Tuners: supports playback and recording of television
- Lightweight: runs quickly without bogging down the system
- Customizable interface. The users can manage almost all setting options
If you are interested in this program and you need some more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website here .
Here you can find the minimum system requirements to downlad and use this program:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Pentium III 700 MHz
- RAM Memory: 128 MB
Media Player Classic runs quickly and you don't have to worry about memory usage. This software is free and open source! This is definitely a great choice for a media player.
- Supports loads of formats
- Non-heavy client
- Doesn't need installation
- TV Tuner allows you to record TV
- Clear interface
- Other media players can do the same job
- Sometimes it needs a specific codec to play some files