Adobe Camera Raw is a plugin for the graphic editor Photoshop that gives you fast and easy access to RAW image formats used by many medium and high quality digital cameras. You can obtain spectacular results with greater artistic control and flexibility without damaging the original files. With this software you will have access to the ‘digital negative’ of almost any photo.
You just have to copy the plugin into the appropriate folder where Photoshop is installed. Once you download and install it, you will be able to adapt the image, set the color levels, contrast, size for edition, depth of the tones, brightness and much more. You can tweak the image as you wish; you can apply filters, trim elements, change effects or export to other formats. This plugin is compatible with cameras like Canon EOS 1D, Kodak DSC 14n, PowerShot 600, Olympus E-1, among some others.
How to use the basic tools of this editor
Adobe’s programs tend to be a bit overwhelming for users on their first performances due to its complete and varied set of tools. Photoshop is not an exception. As a tip, it is better to start using its basic functionalities such as the ‘White Balance’ tool, and get to fully understand them before moving to the advanced options.
With ‘Temperature’ tool you can adjust the climatic balance of your photo. If you move the slider to the left, the image will turn cooler, if you move it to the right, it will get warmer. Thanks to ‘Exposure’, you will be able to darken or lighten an image. ‘Recovery’ is used to darken the brightest zones of the photo to recover its highlight details. If you want just the opposite effect, then you should choose ‘Fill Light’. ‘Clarity’ helps increasing the midtone contrasts, without affecting the other ones. With ‘Vibrance’, you will be able to boost less saturated colors.
Adobe Camera Raw 8.7.54 Features
The unique features of this editor are the following:
- Provides access to RAW format of images
- High support for digital cameras, including Canon EOS 1D, Kodak DSC 14n or PowerShot 600
- ‘Lens Corrections’ is used to correct perspectives with horizontal, vertical, automatic or total adjustments
- ‘Radial filter’ allows applying effects in the area you select with the ellipse or inverting the filter to have those effects applied in everything but the area within the ellipse
- ‘Spot removal’ brush to eliminate objects from the image
If you want to read more information about Adobe Camera Raw before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site .
The minimum system requirements for the free download and setup of this program in your computer are the following:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 /AMD Athlon 64, at least 2GHz
- Memory: 1GB of RAM
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Hard Disk Space: 2.5 GB of free space available
- Internet connection and registration for validating and activating the software