F1 2012 is a racing videogame based on the 2012’s Formula 1 season and developed by Codemasters. This version of F1 has more realism than the sequels along with the famous multiplayer mode with many enhancements to improve your videogame experience. Among the features that developers have changed, we can highlight the improved artificial intelligence, creating a more realistic environment and improving drivers’ faces or how the car works, its game modes and the mechanic options.
As a simulator of the 2012 season of Formula 1, with this download you will be able to choose which team you want to be part of: Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes, Ferrari, etc.. Also, you can choose which driver you want to play with. At first, you will need to pass a beginners test to access the Career Mode, but don’t worry, you will not have time to get bored. It is short and dynamic and it will be useful for users who have not played any F1 title before.
On the other hand, there’s also bad news. The Grand Prix mode from previous versions, in which players could emulate the races from the most famous weekends of the Formula 1, has disappeared in F1 2012. That means players will no longer be able of competing with their favorite racer, they can only play with their customized character, the same as in the Career Mode.
In F1 2012, there are different game modes. The first one is the Young Drivers Test in the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the tutorial in which you will be helped to get used to the videogame. The Career Mode, in which you will be a driver and will have to compete against other racers for five seasons. In the Season Challenge mode, you can play an express season, only ten races with five laps on each, where you determine your position on the grid with the new feature, one-shot qualifying. In this mode you also have the opportunity of challenging other drivers.
In the Champions mode, you have to beat the six world champions that appear in the videogame (Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Räikkönen, Lewis Hamilton, Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso) in different challenges. There are other game modes that you can play as Time Trials, Quick Race and Online multiplayer mode.
F1 2012 Features
The unique features of this free download racing videogame are listed below:
- A huge range of modes: Champion Mode, Season Challenge, Young Drivers Test, Quick Race, Online multiplayer mode
- Enhanced AI with more realism and improved weather system
- New Circuit of the Americas included
- Tutorials with the help of Anthony Davidson, the technical manager of Codemasters
- There are 12 teams and 24 players to play with (Ferrari con Alonso and Massa, Toro Rosso with Ricciardo and Vergne, HRT with de la Rosa and Karthikeyan, McLaren with Hamilton and Button, Red Bull with Vettel and Webber, etc.)
- 20 playable circuits like Melbourne, Sepang, Silverstone, Marina Bay, Monaco, Bahrain International Circuit, etc.
For further information about F1 2012, feel free to check the author’s website author's website .
Minimum system requirements
The minimum system requirements to download this racing videogame are the following:
- OS: Windows Vista or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 15 GB of free space
- Sound card compatible with DirectX
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or equivalent Radeon